Presented by the Barony of Sternfeld
October 16th 8AM to October 16th 11PM
Hendricks County 4H Fairgrounds
- Both combatant and consort must be acceptable to the Crown.
- Both combatant and consort must be a citizen of the Middle Kingdom as stated in Kingdom Law.
- Both combatant’s and consort’s SCA membership must not expire prior to October 2022.
- Both combatant and consort must read Kingdom Law and Corpora.
- If you are spoken to about your calibration and/or behavior by the KEM or the Crown during the tournament, you accept that you may be required to resign from the list and withdraw from the tournament, regardless of how many wins or losses you may have had.
- Present to the station you aspire. The expectation is to have a historic presence upon the field based on documentation, regardless of time period. All items are required to be in good repair. Garments should not be torn or have excessive stains. Your harness should not be rusty, all paint should be new or in good condition. Helmets will not have stickers or tape marks. Shields may not have obviously mundane garden hose edging, nor may the edging be zip-tied onto the shield. Shields and armor may not be covered or held on with duct tape. No visible plastic or glaring non-medieval items will be allowed; plastic bosses and basket hilts will be permitted. No modern sporting equipment may be visible. Non-medieval shoes, with the exception of tennis shoes, may be worn but they must appear to be medieval. No visible tennis shoes are allowed.
Tournament Rules, Weapons, and Format
- Middle Kingdom rules and general customs for tournaments will be used.
- Tournament shields only. Shield size should be proportional and historically appropriate to your portrayal. If you are unsure, please ask the Crown.
- All weapons forms and styles which are legal in the Middle Kingdom shall be allowed in Crown, with the exception of madu. Madu is disallowed. “Buckler and weapon” shall be considered different from “shield and weapon”. Backup weapons are permitted. There shall be no length restriction on weapons. The tournament space may force restrictions of pole weapons/spears of greater length, and a determination will be made on that day with consultation of the Marshallate. The Crown shall have final say on any weapon or shield. If in doubt, please contact the Crown.
- Crown Tournament will be a randomly drawn double elimination tournament. All pairings in the Crown Tournament will be best 2 out of 3 fights, with no repeating weapons styles. Weapons styles need not be matched.
- The Finals of the Crown tournament will be the best 3 out of 5 with matching weapons styles. The highest-ranking Consort may choose the first match, with the second match being chosen by the remaining Consort. The Combatants may choose the remaining matched weapons styles. Should they be unable to agree, Her Majesty will select the weapons styles.
Site Fees :
Day Registration – Adult $15/$10 ($5 member disc)
Youth (5-12) $5
Non-service animals are not permitted.
You can pre-register for this event through SCArs or via mail.
Online Registration will be linked here when available.
For mail registrations please email Lord Dai at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
If you need assistance with pre-registration, please reach out to Dai for help.
Event Steward – Lady Morgan Woodsende of Hoghton – 317-480-9693
Event Schedule is tentative.
|7:00 AM||Site Prep|
|8:00 AM||Site Opens|
|9:00 AM||List Registration and Armor Inspection|
|11:00 AM||Tournament Opens|
|12:00 PM||Tournament / Lunch Tavern Opens|
|2:00 PM||Princess’ Tea|
|3:00 PM||Lunch/Meetings/Alternate Activities|
|4:00 PM||Lunch/Meetings/Alternate Activities|
|5:00 PM||Lunch Tavern Closes/Court Prep/Alternate Activities|
|8:00 PM||Dance & Bardic|
|9:00 PM||Dance & Bardic|
|10:00 PM||Cleanup & Site Close|
|11:00 PM||Site Hard Close|
|Event Role||Contact Name||Contact Email Address|
|Event Steward||Morgan Woodsende of Hoghtonemail@example.com|
|Deputy Event Steward||Hadley of Beckenhamfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Royalty Liason||Odo von Atzinger|
|Site Liason||Lady Líadan Liatháne|
|Local MIC||Svenkin Magnusson|
|Communication||Brigitta von Metten, Lady Ellbríg ingen Eoaínemail@example.com|
|Merchant Liason||Gregory Bryantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gate / Troll||Dai Gerdr|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Jok Turnour|